The course aims to introduce BIM Technology and BIM applications by providing general concepts and techniques of consolidated modeling techniques (CAD, 3D geometric modeling tools), the course considers both the “pillars” of BIM Technology (datum, contents, views, management) and the innovations introduced in the construction process. The course also provides a comprehensive overview of the main BIM applications currently in use, to develop a critical approach to these techniques and evaluate the most suitable solution to design issues.
- Brief Overview of BIM
- BIM importance for the Built Environment
- Why is BIM important for Project Managers/BIM Coordinator/Designers/Modelers
- Virtual Prototyping of Models for 360 reviews of Digitalized CAD using BIM Platform.
- BIM, Definition, and Terms
- BIM Tools in Design, Parametric Modelling, Attributions, and relationships.
- Design and construction process for BIM
- Concepts of LODs and their implementation
- BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Introduction to Autodesk Revit. Definitions and Terms – Main Interface.
- Introduction of Main Architectural Elements and implementation in Revit Architecture for interior and exterior Design, Toposurfacing, Organic geometry
- Introduction of Structure Elements for concrete Model, Steel structure and steel reinforcement in Revit Structure
- Introduction of MEP Elements for HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Fighting and Electrical installation in Revit MEP
- Creation of Advanced Parametric Family Components in Family UI
- Understanding of Collaboration networks
- Working with Worksets in a collaborative environment.
- Use of Autodesk® BIM 360™ to Build is a cloud-based field management service and collaboration on Shared Revit Model.
- Use of Navisworks to holistically review integrated models and data with stakeholders during preconstruction to better control project outcomes
- Understanding of Key feature of Navisworks in terms of Coordination, Clash Detection, Quantification, 5D Project scheduling, Construction Simulation
- Master Information Delivery Plan (MIDP)
- Documentations, Rendering and Quantity Takeoff Export and Printing
Frontal teaching classes with the use of PowerPoint slides. Practical lessons and demonstrations inside the computer Lab.
This course is designed for Engineers, Administrators, Managers, Directors, Contractors, Construction Professionals, Modelers, Designers, and Draftsmen related to AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) Industry.
Elegant Professional and Management Development is a leading Training Institute Dubai, U.A.E. We specialize in affordable and effective face-to-face training in a variety of courses to meet the needs of today’s business.
We design and customize courses and programs for people of different walks and professions like Engineering, IT, Finance, Sales & Marketing and HR & Administration, whether trying to enter into the job market or employees willing to achieve professional development and qualification to secure advancement in their careers and improve their performance level.
Our training is stretching, motivating and tailored to the individual learner. We develop and deliver training courses for organizations across all sectors. All of our courses can be tailored specifically to your team’s needs and delivered at your site as well.
We also run a range of courses for individuals at our Training Institute Dubai, enabling delegates to get out of the office so they can network with other learners, build their skills and confidence, and practice in a safe learning environment.