What will you learn?
In the modern era of such advanced technologies, knowledge about electrical equipments is necessary for the growth of professional career. This course will help you learn a comprehension of the working attributes of all electrical hardware. This course guides
you to the demonstrative procedures and examinations required of basic segments of electrical gear. Going through all the tests required for different types of electrical hard wares is key goal of this course. Deciding the support and investigating exercises
required minimizing electrical hardware downtime and working expense is required to be done for acquiring the knowledge for this course. A point by point comprehension of the considerable number of figures and estimating methods utilized for all electrical
hardware makes you overcome all the flaws in your working jobs. This course supports the working of codes and measures for the material of electrical hardware. It will be taught in a straightforward way by showing functional cases of connected electrical building
through outlined contextual investigations and will likewise give an exhaustive comprehension of the operation and support of all vital electrical hardware including the different sorts of transformers, inverters, rectifiers, engines, variable recurrence drives,
uninterruptible force frameworks, generators, excitation frameworks, circuit breakers, and wires.
Prerequisite or Relevant Knowledge
This course is for people who might want to pick up an intensive comprehension of the considerable number of standards of electrical designing in a straightforward and simple method to handle and will cover all controls of electrical building including substituting
current frameworks, direct current frameworks, attraction, power gear, switchgear, and defensive hardware without depending on complex science.
Who Should Attend?
This course can be studied by
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals (this seminar is suitable for individuals who do not have an electrical background)
Day 1 – Fundamentals of Electrical Systems, and Transformers
- Inductors, capacitors, alternating current, Faraday’s law, magnetic field, three-phase system
- Machinery principles, magnetic behavior of ferromagnetic materials, energy losses in a ferromagnetic core, core losses, permanent magnets
- Transformers, types and construction of transformers, impedance transformation through a transformer, analysis of circuits containing transformers, equivalent circuit in a transformer
- Voltage regulation, transformer efficiency, transformer taps and voltage regulators, autotransformers, three-phase transformers, transformer ratings, inrush current, instrument transformers
- Transformers’ characteristics, phase relationships, Star/Star connected transformer, basic materials, dielectrics, copper, iron, insulation, leakage reactance, core construction
- Components of a power transformer, core, windings, nitrogen demand system, conservative tank with air cell, current transformers, bushings, tap changers, insulation
Day 2 – Motors, Inverters, Variable Speed Drives, Uninterruptible Power Systems, and Industrial Batteries
- Rotating magnetic field, relationship between electrical frequency and the speed of magnetic field rotation, RMS voltage in a three-phase stator, induced torque in a three-phase machine, winding insulation in ac machines, ac machine power flow and losses
- Induction motor construction, rotor slip, electrical frequency of the rotor, losses and the power flow diagram, induction motor torque-speed characteristics, variation of the torque-speed characteristics, starting induction motors, induction motor starting circuits
- Variable speed (frequency) drives, principles of ac variable speed drives, inverters, insulated gate bipolar transistors (IGBT’s), pulse-width modulated inverters, input power converter (rectifier), output IGBT inverter, magnetic breaking, regeneration, transients, harmonics, power factor and failures, common failure modes, thruster failures and testing, IGBT switching transients, cabling details for ac drives, motor bearing currents, selection criteria for variable speed drives, maintenance, common failure modes, motor application guidelines
- Uninterruptible power systems (UPSs), UPS operation, standards, voltage regulation, harmonic distortion, advanced UPS design, efficiency, input power converter, inverter, battery system, remote UPS monitoring, testing of UPS, commissioning of UPS, UPS maintenance, battery maintenance, UPS sizing, battery selection, space vector modulation technology, electromagnetic and radio frequency interference
Day 3 – Generators, Excitation Systems, Automatic Voltage Regulators, Generator Testing and Maintenance, Circuit Breakers, Fuses, Classes and Divisions of Hazardous Locations, Ingress Protection Code, NEMA Enclosure Types, Voltage Drop Calculations, Cable Tray Features and Design, and Frequently Asked Questions
- Synchronous generators, construction, synchronous generator operating alone, parallel operation of ac generators, synchronous generator ratings, synchronous generator capability curves
- Generator components, auxiliaries and excitation, the rotor, the stator, cooling systems, shaft seals and seal oil systems, excitation, the voltage regulator, the power system stabilizer, characteristics of generator exciter power systems (GEP), generator operation
- Generator surveillance and testing, generator operational checks (surveillance and monitoring), generator diagnostic testing, insulation resistance and polarization index, dc hypo test, ac tests for stator windings, synchronous machine rotor windings, partial discharge tests, mechanical tests
- Circuit Breakers, circuit breaker rating, plain break type, magnetic blow-out type, oil circuit breakers, recent developments in Circuit Breakers, vacuum circuit breakers, sculpture Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breakers, maintenance and inspection of circuit breakers
- Fuses, Types of fuses, features of current limiting fuses, advantages of fuses over circuit breakers
- Classes and Divisions of Hazardous Locations, basic requirements for an explosion, flammable substances, oxidizer, ignition source, explosion prevention methods, principles for preventing electrical equipment from becoming a source of ignition, design regulations for explosion-proof electrical equipment, group and class definitions, protection methods, marking, execution to NEC/CEC Standards
- Ingress Protection (IP) Code, Objective of the IP code, description of the IP code, code breakdown, solid particle protection, liquid ingress protection
- NEMA Enclosure Types, definitions, applications, IEC enclosure classifications
- Voltage drop calculations, voltage drop in DC circuits, voltage drop in AC circuits, calculation of voltage drop in single-phase and three-phase circuits, calculation of voltage drop for long paired wire runs, formula methods for calculating the voltage drop and cable size, cable size selection
- Cable tray features, benefits, design, materials, and loading; reliability, adaptability, maintenance, safety, design, selection process, deflection, materials, finishes, corrosion, chemical species
Address: Suite# 102, Baskin Robbins Building, Near Smokers Centre, TCA, Opp. Al Salama Hospital, Abu Dhabi(UAE) Tel: 02-6766 494 / 050- 514 74 08
E-Mail: [email protected] Website: www.dukeuae.com
‘Training should meet business needs, not fill man-days!’
If that’s the premise with which you base your training needs… then look no further.
Duke Training Centre is an organization that 'provides High Quality, Well
Researched Training & Consultancy Services for Personal & Organizational Excellence.'
With the head office in Abu Dhabi, UAE, specializes in customer driven corporate
training solutions. With this customer service approach, pre- course and post- course
consulting and assessments are critical to effectively customizing our certification
training courses to meet your training goals. Training programs are tailored from
certification courses in a wide range of areas to deliver exact skills your staff need.
Our course clients include numerous prestigious organizations in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and surrounding. From our track record in customer service for customized training, Duke Training Centre has earned numerous achievements since launching course offerings in Abu Dhabi: ...