The B. Eng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering is an internationally recognised qualification that will give you the skills to develop a career in most areas of modern electrical and electronic engineering.
You will study both the theoretical and practical nature of electrical and electronic engineering. There will be a significant emphasis on the application of electronics in the form of embedded systems – electronic systems that can be embedded in other products that are not necessarily electronic, such as cars, medical or other industrial systems. The course also covers cutting edge and emerging technologies. These include the smart grids that will form the next generation of electrical services worldwide as electrical grids are modernised, as well as body area networks – wireless networks of wearable computing devices that have many potential applications including inexpensive and continuous health monitoring.
The final level of the course offers optional modules that will allow you to gain specialist knowledge in areas of applied electronics that are in significant demand in industry. These include areas such as digital signal processing, integrated circuit design, power systems, smart grids and renewable energies.
We offer B. Eng (Hons) Electrical & Electronics Engineering through the diploma route. The BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical & Electronics Engineering taught at Western International College is awarded by Edexcel. The diploma programme will lead progression to the final year of the University of Bolton’s Electrical & Electronics Engineering undergraduate degree programme, upon successful completion.
3 years (2 semesters in each year)
- AME4051Engineering Environment
- EEE4001Introductory Engineering Mathematics
- EEE4002Introductory Electrical Principles
- EEE4003Introductory Digital Electronics
- EEE4004Introductory Analogue Electronics
- EEE4005Introductory Embedded Systems
- AME5004Engineering Modelling and Analysis
- EEE5001Instrumentation & Control
- EEE5002Intermediate Digital Electronics & Communications
- EEE5003Intermediate Electrical Principles & Enabling Power ElectronicsEEE5004Intermediate Embedded Systems
- EEE5005Analogue Signal Processing & Communications
- AME6001BEng (Hons) Design and Individual Project
- AME6003Management and Enterprise in Engineering
- EEE6001Electrical Machines & Power Electronic Drives
- EEE6002Engineering Electromagnetism
- EEE6003Digital Signal Processing
- EEE6004Integrated Circuit Design
- EEE6005Power Systems & Smart Grids
- EEE6006Renewable Energie
Final Degree certificate issued by University of Bolton, UK