- The IYT Marine Communications (VHF SRC) course is aimed at the individual who wants to obtain an extensive knowledge of VHF and DSC use.
- The course prepares to use correct operational procedures of VHF SRC/DSC radio. This can save lives in emergency situations.
- If you want to work in the marine industry, this licence is essential.
- You need this licence to advance to FTA Boat Driving License 24 M, IYT International Bareboat Skipper and above.
- The IYT VHF SRC is required if you would like to apply for the Commercial Dubai Marine Driving License
- The IYT VHF SRC licence is widely globally accepted.
- This course is designed for beginners and for advanced boaters.
VHF Radio Operator Certificate Syllabus
One full day theory & practical & exam
• Introduction to VHF radio’s
• Basic radio theory
• Line of sight
• Subsidiary equipment
• Common radio terms
• Regulations / Licensing requirements
• VHF radio equipment
• Radio procedures
- May day calls - Safety calls
- Urgency calls - Use of DSC
• Transmitting and receiving
• The phonetic alphabet
• Phonetic written test
• Emergency radio communications
• EPIRB and SART
• Hand held short range VHF radios
• Theory exam
• Practical exam using fixed VHF training units
- Summer Promo
- Reduced package rates if booked with other courses provided by Marine Concept
We offer a professional service to anyone who is looking to learn how to navigate and handle yachts for private or commercial use.
Marine Concept Sea School, based in Dubai, provides training to obtain the below listed international, national and local certification and licenses:
IYT International Yacht Training
FMA Boat Driving License
DMA Marine Craft Driving License
STCW Basic Safety Training
Marine Concept is the sole training institute in Dubai approved for STCW Basic Safety Training.
Our certified instructors are highly qualified and experienced. Our courses are taught in English. A selection of our courses is conducted in Hindi / Tamil.