• The course prepares to use correct operational procedures of VHF/DSC radio. This can save lives in emergency situations.
• If you want to work in the marine industry this licence is essential.
• You need this licence to advance to Bareboat skipper, FTA Boat Driving License 24 meter and above.
• The IYT VHF Radio Operator licence is globally accepted.
• This course is designed for beginners.
VHF Radio Operator Certificate Syllabus
One full day theory & practical & exam
• Introduction to VHF radio’s
• Basic radio theory
• Line of sight
• Subsidiary equipment
• Common radio terms
• Regulations / Licensing requirements
• VHF radio equipment
• Radio procedures
- May day calls - Safety calls
- Urgency calls - Use of DSC
• Transmitting and receiving
• The phonetic alphabet
• Phonetic written test
• Emergency radio communications
• EPIRB and SART
• Hand held short range VHF radios
• Theory exam
• Practical exam using fixed VHF training units
We offer a professional service to anyone who is looking to learn how to navigate and handle yachts for private or commercial use.
Marine Concept Sea School, based in Dubai, provides training to obtain the below listed international, national and local certification and licenses:
IYT International Yacht Training
FMA Boat Driving License
DMA Marine Craft Driving License
STCW Basic Safety Training
Marine Concept is the sole training institute in Dubai approved for STCW Basic Safety Training.
Our certified instructors are highly qualified and experienced. Our courses are taught in English. A selection of our courses is conducted in Hindi / Tamil.